Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What's been going on with me.

Hello fellow crafters. After a long time of not doing much in the way of crafting or anything else I have decided to get back at it and start my blog again and hopefully do some redesigning of my website http://crochetandknitting.com .

July 8, 2013 marked 3 years since the death of my husband and he was also my best friend. I felt so lost, so confused and I lost most of my creativity and ambition to do anything. Life seemed so pointless. The daughter of my neighbour's who lost their 19 year old son to cancer said it best, "It never gets any easier, you just get more used to them not being there."

My granddaughter was born 2 years ago so I did crochet a lot of items for her. My 2nd grandson will be born in September so I have a lot of things made for him already. And there has been new babies of my nieces' and nephews' born the past few years that I have made items for. So I have been looking at a lot of patterns that I found online and really liked so I will be sharing those with you, plus I am working on a new baby socks pattern that is very fast to work up, and maybe I will get the inspiration to design some more patterns as I get going.

Right now I want to hurry up and get the baby stuff done, I'm also making items for my nephew's wife who is having a baby girl in August and her baby shower is this coming weekend! 


Then I can't wait to try an afghan pattern I found online, it's different and beautiful. I will share that with you soon. 



4 comments:

  1. I just found you through your "glitten" pattern.
    After reading this intro, let me say WOW! My dad died (unexpectedly) July 7, 2010. My mom has been so lost (not to mention her creativity gone the wayside). My twin boys were born a year after the accident, her 'saving grace.' Needless to say, this post has tugged at my heartstrings; thanks for sharing and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa. So sorry to hear about your Dad. He died the day before my husband died! I can certainly understand what your Mom is going through. Give her my sympathies. So wonderful that your twin boys are there for her. My second grandson was born yesterday, Sept. 19 a day before what would of been my husband's birthday. Thanks for your post. My heart goes out to your Mom, it certainly is not easy losing someone that was so close to you.

    ReplyDelete