Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ripple Granny Throw.




I love this pattern. You can make it any size you want. I made 3 of these so far as baby blankets. I made 2 for my new grandson who will be born in September and 1 for my nephew and his wife's baby girl who will be born in August. The photo is the one I made for her. I don't want to put photos here of those I made for my new grandson in case my daughter-in-law happens to see it. :)


Here's the link to the pattern.
http://libertycrochet.blogspot.ca/2012/02/rippled-granny-throw.html

The designer did a great job on it!  I love it! But I did make one adjustment. If you do this pattern you will see where she had to start doing more decreases at the bottom of the ripples as it was getting crowded. I noticed that it was bunching up. So I re-did it by doing the first single crochet row around the granny squares in only the double crochet stitches and not in the chain 1 spaces. If you omit putting a sc in the chain 1 spaces, the pattern works out fine with no bunching up or crowding, so it's not necessary to do more decreases at the bottom of the ripples.

No comments:

Post a Comment